I’m thrilled to say that we are now part of the Bostik blogger team, where each month we are sent a box full of themed crafty goodies to inspire us on our next craft project.
For our first month, the theme is Monsters! and who doesn’t love a monster. Monsters are great because you can really let your imagination run wild. They can be any colour, shape that you want and as cute or scary as you desire.
We actually came up with a couple of monster crafts, and here is the first of them: really simple Monster pencil toppers.
Really Simple Monster Pencil Toppers
With Oliver starting school last week, and me now being a fully fledged school mum (eek!), I have been thinking a lot about how to encourage them both to improve their reading and writing. These really simple monster pencil toppers are fun, colourful and are definitely helping my two want to take
pen pencil to paper. They are also so simple to make, even very young children can get involved as long as you do the cutting for them.
What You Will Need
- A Pencil
- A coloured pipe cleaner
- Bostik Fine and Wide Glu Pen
- A small pom pom
- 3 small coloured feathers
- Bostik Glu Dots
- A googley eye
How You Do It
- Cut two small pieces from the end of the pipe cleaner, and wind them around your pencil to create short curled pieces of pipe cleaner.
- Stick these to your pom pom using the Bostik Fine and Wide Glu Pen. Leave to dry.
- In the meantime, wrap the remainder of the pipe cleaner around the end of the pencil, securing the 3 feathers in place as shown in the picture.
- Using a Glu Dot or the Glu Pen, stick the pom pom head onto the pipe cleaner stalk.
- Finally use a Glu Dot to stick a googley eye to your pom pom.
That’s it! Our really simple Monster pencil toppers. You can use the basic theory and design your own. You could use different colour cominations; add additional heads; add teeth or even multiple googley eyes. You really can let your imagination run away with you when it comes to designing your monsters. Why don’t you pin it for a rainy day activity.
I have also created a little video for you to show you exactly how I made them, hope you enjoy it! If you like what you see don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, lots more craft videos to come!
Let me know what you think of our little Monster pencil toppers, I love reading your comments!
If you need some more inspiration for kids craft projects don’t forget to check out and follow our board on Pinterest.
Disclaimer: This post contains affliate links
If you don’t want to miss any of our future crazy craft ideas, just pop your e-mail in the box below to receive our weekly newsletter (and no spam, pinky promise!)