I love Halloween, it’s an event in the UK which I think is under celebrated, yet I like to make it a real occassion, especially for the kids. It’s also a great excuse to get our craft on again! The kids love making Halloween decorations for pending parties. This Toilet Roll Halloween Bat kids craft is a great one for young and old kids alike.
How to Make Toilet Roll Halloween Bats
You Will Need:
- Toilet rolls
- Black Paint
- Black and white card
- Googley eyes
- Pom poms (optional)
- PVA glue
- Black cotton to hang
How You Make Them:
- Pinch each end of the toilet roll to make a bat shape as shown in the picture.
- Paint the toilet rolls with black poster paint. Oliver particularly enjoyed this bit!
- Cut out wing shapes from black card. An adult will need to do this for younger children. When the toilet rolls are dry attach the wings by glueing them to the back of the painted toilet rolls using PVA glue.
- Cut out some mouth shapes with fangs from some white card or paper (again you will need to do this for younger children). Glue these on with the PVA glue along with some googley eyes and a small black pom pom for a nose.
- When the glue is completely dry they are ready for hanging! We used some black cotton and a little sticky tape to hang them from the lights in our living room and lounge.
We had great fun making these Halloween themed crafts for our party, what do you think? What will you been making this Halloween?
Products from Amazon.co.uk
If you need more inspiration for some Halloween kids crafts, then take a look and follow our Halloween kids craft board on Pinterest.
Disclaimer: This post contains affliate links