The Summer holidays are here, and in less than 6 weeks time my kiddos, like many others, will be back at school. However there is still plenty of time to squeeze in this Back to School craft of making this very simple Flamingo Corner Bookmark. If flamingos aren’t your thing then there are lots of other idea too!
As part of our role last year as a Bostik Blogger each month we were sent a box of crafty loveliness to inspire us, and this particular boxes topic was ‘Back to School’.
For inspiration I asked Isla what she though would be a great Back to School craft, and she came up with the idea of a Flamingo Corner Book Mark. There are a few techniques to make a corner book mark but they are all incredibly easy, and can be decorated exactly how you like, although my flamingo mad little girl was very specific on what design she wanted.
So if you’d like to see how we made ours, or for some inpiration on other corner book mark designs read on, or pin it for later!
Pin Flamingo Corner Bookmark For Later!
What You Will Need
- A 15cm square of pink lightweight card
- Bostik Blu Stick
- A googley eye
- Small piece of orange or yellow card
- Black felt pen
- A few pink feathers
How to Make Your Flamingo Corner Bookmark
- Take your square piece of card and fold it in half horizontally and then again into quarters. Unfold and use the fold lines as a guide.
- Cut out one of the ‘squares’ as shown in the picture, and then cut two of the side squares in half diagonally as shown.
- Fold over the two triangles and glue together. This form the basis of any corner book mark. Now for the decorating!
- Draw and cut out a flamingo neck shape in the square of card that you removed. Using the Bostik Blu Stick this can be stuck to either the front of the pocket, or inbetween the layers.
- Decorate the flamingo head by adding a small piece of yellow or orange card for the beak, a googley eye and some black flet tip on the tip of the beak.
- Glue some pink feathers to the pocket of the flamingo corner book mark to make the body.
- Wait to dry, and that’s it! Perfectly simple, gorgeous and a great way to mark where you are in a story.
The basic corner book mark structure is so easy to make, and can be decorated in any way you like. I let my daughter have free reign on one, and she made a ‘night sky’. I also used some sticky alphabet letters to make this fun, but simple colourful bookmark.
You can also keep it very simple and sweet, just using patterened card to make a sleek but effective corner bookmark, cool enough for even the most stylish dude.
If you would like more design inspiration on corner bookmarks, then chcek out our Pinterest boards for more ideas.
Disclaimer: We were sent a box of craft goodies for the purpose of this post as part of our role as a #BostikBloggers.