As you may know, we are proud memebers of the Bostik Blogger team. This month’s box of lovely crafty goodness had a mythical creatures theme. As soon as Oliver saw the contents, and the bright flame coloured pipe ceaners, he requested that I make a Pipe Cleaner Dragon for him.
Now, I love pipe cleaners with their bright colours and amazingly versatility. We have created Peg and Pipe Cleaner crocodiles before and also Monster pencil toppers using them. However, I have to admit creating a Pipe Cleaner Dragon was a bit of a challenge, and it did take a few goes to practice and perfect my method. I got there in the end, and here he is Pipe Cleaner Dragon mark 3 (I think).
So if you would like to make your own Pipe Cleaner Dragon, read on for the full tutorial or pin it for later!
Pin Pipe Cleaner Dragon For Later!
What You Will Need
- 4 Green (or other colour of your choice) pipe cleaners
- 1 Yellow (or other contrasting colour) pipe cleaner
- 2 Googley eyes
- Coloured foam sheet or card
- Bostik White Glu
How to Make Your Pipe Cleaner Dragon
- First cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half, then fold one of the pieces in half again.
- Using a pen as guide, wrap a green pipe cleaner around the yellow one as shown in the pictures. Leave a little of the folded end of the yellow pipe cleaner poking out as a nose. Wrap all but the last half inch around the folded yellow pipe cleaner. The yellow pieces can then be shaped as horns.
So what do you think of our Pipe Cleaner Dragons? Have you made any creatures from pipe cleaners before?
50 Crafts to Try Before You’re 10!
This is one of the crafts on our free open ended challenge: “50 Crafts to Try Before You’re 10!“
Designed to help you inject some creativity into every day family life. Signing up means you get a downloadable checklist, access to a supportive Facebook group, competitions along the way and a certificate and pin badge for all of those that complete it! Come and join in the fun!
Disclaimer: We were sent a box of craft goodies for the purpose of this post as part of our role as #BostikBloggers.