These cute little pine cone reindeer decorations are a perfect craft for adults or children a like. They can be hung on twine to make little pine cone reindeer bunting, or adorn a Christmas tree like I have done. Either way they look very effective, and are super simple to make with minimal materials.
How You Make Pine Cone Reindeer Decorations
You Will Need
- Pine cones
- Small red pom poms
- Googley eyes
- Brown oven baked clay or air dry clay
- Ribbon or twine
- Gold sparkly or brown pipe cleaners
- Glue (I used my faithful hot glue gun)
How You Do It
- First stick a red pom pom on the end of your pine cone. Occasionally you have to break off the very tip of your pine cone to make the pom pom sit nicely.
- The next step is to glue 2 googley eyes to the scales of the pine cone.
- I made some ears from oven baked clay. Equally you could also use air dry clay, or if you haven’t clay at your disposal you could even cut out some ear shapes from some stiff brown card or foam. Once you have your ears stick them onto your pine cone between the scales.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half and then half again. Bend one of the quarters to make an L-shape, then wrap another quarter around the long part of the ‘L’ to make an antler as shown in the photos.
- Pop a blob of glue on the end of each antler, and insert into the pine cone between the pine cone scales.
- Attach a loop of ribbon or twine at the back of the pine cone with another blob of glue.
That’s it! A very simple craft, easy enough to do with the kids, just use white PVA glue instead of a hot glue gun, and leave longer to dry. Just use the hot glue or a stronger glue to attach the ribbon at the back.
Pin For Later!
What do you think of our cute little pine cone reindeer decorations? Is it something you would give a go?
If you need some more inspiration for decorations and crafts you can make with the kids, then check out and follow our Pinterest board