Welcome back to the second Kids and Kreativity linky party. This is a linky party for all your blog posts that encourage creativity or inspire imagination in children. They can be about anything from baking with kids, messy play ideas, childrens’ crafts, book reviews, days out, travel…. you name it! Anything that gets the creative juices flowing, or sparks kids’ wonderful imaginations can be linked up.
Firstly I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who linked up to the last #KidsandKreativity. We had a total of 18 link ups, which for our first one is absolutely fantastic! I really appreciate the support.
I hope you all have had a fantastic Easter, and have enjoyed the school holidays! We have been extremely busy with Easter weekend, then Oliver’s 5th birthday, closely followed by Jasmine’s 11th birthday. This week we are in Devon celebrating my Mum’s 70th for the remainder of the holidays with extended family. The weather hasn’t been the best but we have had a few sunny days. We’ve managed to get to the beach a few times and explore Devon and Cornwall’s rugged coastline. We haven’t been up to much in the way of crafts or baking, but we have had lots of days out and adventures to talk about so watch this space!
The Last #KidsandKreativity Linky
There were so many great posts, it was so lovely to read them all. They have given me some fab ideas for future projects, and will hopefully help inspire others to inject some creativity into their family lives.
The majority of you did lots of commenting and shared the linky love which was great to see. Sadly, a few did very little and in one case no commenting. This is really disappointing, as the linky is for us like minded bloggers to support one another, and I wanted to create a real community feel. I will be keeping a close eye on the commenting in future. Please read the rules, if you are not prepared to do the minimum amount of commenting then don’t link up!
The person that commented the most was Malin from Sensational Learning with Penguin. Thank you for supporting the linky, and taking the time to read and comment on so many posts!
My favourite post that she linked has to be this ‘Homemade Real Lemon Playdough’. I actually have never made my own playdough, but it has been on my to do list for a while. I love the smell of lemons, so this really appealed to me, and I also love the vibrant colour. I think me and the kids will have great fun making some!
The second post I am sharing today is my favourite post of the link up. This was a hard decision to make as there were so many great posts to chose from!
I chose ‘A Sensory Story With Norman The Slug With The Silly Shell’ from Our Amanahs Our Future. I love the idea of taking a children’s story book and developing crafts around it. It something I am going to try and do with my kids favourite books.
This Week’s #KidsandKreativity Linky
I have also created a Facebook group for everyone that joins in with the linky. I really want to create a community of like minded bloggers as well as hosting a linky party. So the Facebook group is for information about the linky, but also a place where once established we can do some follow threads, and crowdsourcing for our creative posts. So if you’d like to join the group click here.
If you would also like an e-mail reminder of when the linky goes live in the future, and to receive my weekly newsletter (no spam, pinky promise!), then please pop your e-mail in below.
For all those linking up for the first time, have a read through the linky information and rules, but if you have any questions just message me.
The linky will open every other Friday at 10.00 am. It will be open for new link ups for a week, until the following Friday. On my bi-weekly linky posts, I will feature my favourite post and the post of the blogger that commented the most from the link up before, and share them on my social media channels.
Please, please, please make sure you finish your commenting by 12 noon on the second Thursday. Please also make sure you add the #KidsandKreativity to your comment, as this helps me keep track of the comments, and make sure everyone is doing the minimum amount of commenting. Please DO NOT link up and run, it’s not fair on others, and is not what this linky is about.
This linky party is all about creating a nice community of like minded bloggers, and increasing exposure to blog posts that might inspire people. So feel free to comment away and share posts that you love. The more that you put into the linky, the more that you will get out.
So come and be part of the #KidsandKreativity community and link up your creative and inspiring posts. Come and follow the Pinterest board and join the Facebook group and get involved. Make sure you grab the badge below, have a quick look at the rules, and get linking!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
- The linky will open every other Friday at 10am and stay open until 10am the following Friday.
- Grab the linky badge, and add it to the post you want to link up (copy and paste the text in the box below the image, and paste into the html of your post)
- You can link up to two posts, old or new, provided they in some way encourage or inspire creativity and/or imagination in children. This can be an activity, book review, day out, craft, messy play idea. There’s really is a long list of possibilities.
- Comment on at least one of the host’s posts, and the two posts linked up before yours. If you link up after the host please comment on one other of your choosing. For each post you link up you should be making a minimum of 3 comments. Please add the hashtag #KidsandKreativity to your comments, and please make sure all commenting is complete by 12 noon on the second Thursday. Please also make sure you approve comments on your posts by then also.
- By linking up you are giving me permission to contact you regarding commenting should that be necessary. No linking and running.
- Tweet me a link to your post when you’ve linked up and add my handle @blissfulkerry and #KidsandKreativity and I will RT.
- Dont forget to add the #KidsandKreativity to any comments, tweets or IG and FB posts.
- If you’re not already, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube.
Share the linky love! Comment, share, RT all that you love and enjoy!
Thank you for linking up, I can’t wait to read all your posts!