So as most of you are aware tis’ the season of Blog Awards, and in particular the Tots 100 MAD Blog Awards (Mum And Dad awards) and BritMums BiBs (Brilliance in Blogging) awards. So here are a few reasons why you should consider voting for me!
Do You Like My Blog?
So after hearing about the awards I have been contemplating whether or to put myself forward, and whether or not I should write this post. I am a mere tadpole in a large pond of big fish that have amazing sophisticated blogs that have taken time to develop and grow wide audiences, so what chance have I got in entering? Surely I’ll just get swallowed up by a larger passing fish?
I looked into the categories as I was considering my nominations, and was pleased to see that both awards do have categories to allow new bloggers to put themselves forward even if their audience is still quite limited. So this got me thinking, and after reading and commenting on several others blogger’s posts I thought why the hell not? Why shouldn’t I be proud of my blog? After all the hard work I’ve put into it in the last few months, surely I need to at least let it have a chance?
I do struggle a bit with self promotion, and believing in myself, but this blog has helped with that immensely. I am always so thrilled when someone takes the time to comment on my posts, or message me. I remember the first time I had a subscriber that wasn’t related to me, I happy squealed like a piggy! By putting myself forward for these awards I am in no way expecting to win, but a sheer nomination (other than from myself or my mother!) would, to me, feel like winning.
So I’ve only been blogging since January and most of you will not be aware of my existence, so I thought I would give you 5 reasons why you might like to consider nominating my blog.
- Because I’m a nice person, or at least I try to be. I teach my children that if they are kind to others and happy that’s all they need to be (a mantra I stole from Cinderella!). I try to be a kind blogger, I try to reply to all messages and comments, and say thank you in return for kindness shown by others.
- Because my blog is my new baby. Obviously I love my children far more than my blog, but I am enjoying nurturing it with my love, effort and hard work and watching it grow and develop much like you do with your own children.
- Because I like to have fun and be creative, and hopefully that shows in my blog. It has allowed me to give purpose to some of my crazy craft ideas, and makes me do more structured activities with the kids rather than resorting to the TV babysitter.
- Because my blog has helped build my confidence. I’m one of those people who is outwardly confident, but inwardly question everything I do. It’s amazing what a buzz I get when people comment on my blog. I even had a tweet from a celebrity, saying my My Love Hate Relationship With My Tummy post was beautiful. Well I was dancing around the kitchen for ages with that one, a celebrity actually read something little old me had written! I’m even considering trying my hand at a vlog or two! Something I would never have considered in the past.
- Because you like my blog…so far! It’s working progress obviously. I only worked out what SEO was 2 weeks ago and i’m still not sure I fully understand, but I’ll get there!
So there you have it, a few reasons why you should consider voting for me. I’ll also give you one big fat reason to definitely vote for me…… because you would like to!
Good luck to all the nominations in both awards, there really are some truly talented people out there.
PS If you would like to nominate for me in the MADS then please click on the link below. You will need to enter your e-mail address. You can vote for any blog here, and if you would like to consider me for Best New Blog then enter my website address blissfuldomestication.com. Voting for the MADS is open until 8th April