After the success of my slow cooker chocolate fudge recipe, I thought I would mix it up a bit and try a different variation. This white chocolate and cherry version is just as simple, and just as delicious. It is also a great gift idea for someone special!
My other half loves fudge. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought I would set about making him some white chocolate and cherry fudge, based on my slow cooker fudge recipe. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and it tasted delicious!
Fudge always looks so pretty, and can be easily dressed up in a little bag tied with ribbon. It makes a great gift at any time of the year and would be ideal as a wedding favors. So this Valentine’s Day, I’m giving James some homemade with love fudge. If you’d like to give it a go here’s how I did it.
- 400g white chocolate broken up into squares
- 1 397g can of Carnation condensed milk
- 150g dried Cherries
- Put the chocolate squares into a slow cooker. Leave it on high with the lid off until the chocolate has melted (about 20 minutes)
- Add the can of condensed milk
- Put the slow cooker on a low heat, and leave the lid off
- Stir every 15 minutes (I set a timer on my phone as a reminder) for 1 3/4 hours.
- When it is done you need to give it a really good stir. Add the cherries (you could add different dried fruit if you wish), and stir again.
- Poor into a tray lined with grease proof paper, and pop into the fridge to cool completely.
- After a few hours the fudge is ready to cut into chunks, and enjoy!
You can eat it just as it is, or just pop a few squares of fudge in a small cellophane bag, tie with a piece of ribbon, and give it to someone special in your life!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
NB. I am a home cook, and have had no formal training in preparing food. So these are just recipes that I use at home for the family. Whilst I have taken time to try and be as accurate as possible, some of the quantities are approximate. I am always keen to learn, so if you think the recipe can be improved upon please take the time to comment below. I also love seeing your versions.