Easter is fast approaching and it’s a great excuse for getting creative in the kitchen, and you know I love a cupcake! Here’s how we made our Easter cupcakes, another simply idea to get the kids involved.
For 12 cupcakes you will need
- 12 cupcakes (for recipe click here)
- Cupcake corer
- 2x 90g packs of mini eggs or similar
- 3 flakes or similar chocolate
- Tub of buttercream icing
- I used my fail safe basic cupcake recipe to make 12 cupcakes, but you can use any cupcake recipe for this.
- Remove the centre portion of each cupcake with a cupcake corer as shown.
- Pipe icing in a ring around each cupcake. I cheated and used a shop bought tub of ready made buttercream icing with a lemon flavour which was delicious, but of course you can make your own if you wish!
- Crush the flakes, and sprinkle the chocolate around the edge on top of the icing to make a nest. If some goes into the centre it doesn’t matter, it just adds to the flavour.
- Put 4 mini eggs in the core.
- Done! Perfect, yummy Easter cupcakes ready to enjoy!
NB. I am a home cook, and have had no formal training in preparing food. So these are just recipes that I use at home for the family. Whilst I have taken time to try and be as accurate as possible, some of the quantities are approximate. I am always keen to learn, so if you think the recipe can be improved upon please take the time to comment below. I also love seeing your versions.